What is Therapeutic Yoga?
Many public yoga classes are wonderful for people who feel mostly healthy and athletic. What about the rest of us? Therapeutic yoga offers the support of thousands of years of yogic tradition combined with modern understanding of Western medicine. Using these tools in a healing, therapeutic manner can help with many physical, mental and emotional imbalances and help bring you closer to your best version of you.
Unbound therapeutic yoga may be right for you if you:
- Have trouble falling/staying asleep
- Feel stressed
- Live with chronic pain
- Experience anxiety and/or depression
- Have experienced a traumatic event
- Are a combat veteran
- Feel disconnected from yourself or your community
- Want to put the work in to make a real difference in your life
Yoga Therapy: Need to Know (Yoga Journal)
What is Yoga Therapy? (Huffington Post)
The Distinction Between a Yoga Class and a Yoga Therapy Session (Yoga International)